The Advanced Workshop of Non-Scalpel Vasectomy provides an introduction to this advanced procedure for permanent male fertility control. The program is ideal for experienced doctors who regularly perform advanced clinical procedures or who already provide traditional vasectomies to their patients but would like to learn the non-scalpel procedure. Upon completion of the workshop, HealthCert recommends further clinical training for doctors without prior experience in the field, to ensure patient safety and for medico-legal purposes.
The only program of its kind, the workshop will teach what equipment is necessary to achieve the best outcomes for your patients, with the opportunity to practise the procedure on simulated models and enable you to seriously consider this advanced procedure for your practice. The program will also provide a valuable insight into the safety guidelines you need to know to avoid complications and demonstrate how to plan patient counselling with an analysis of patient case scenarios.
The Advanced Workshop can be completed individually or as stage 2 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures.
|Advanced Workshop of
The Advanced Workshop of Non-Scalpel Vasectomy is ideal for medical professionals who are already performing traditional vasectomies but would like to learn the non-scalpel procedure. Participants can expect an introduction to this advanced procedure for permanent male fertility control with a comprehensive overview of the necessary steps to achieve the best outcomes for their patients. The course is suitable for general practitioners and International Medical Graduates and assumes previous experience in clinical procedures.
This workshop can be completed individually or as stage 2 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures.
- Determining the correct steps in the process of non-scalpel vasectomy procedures
- Recognising the safety rules to avoid complications in non-scalpel vasectomy procedures
- Determining the necessary equipment for non-scalpel vasectomy procedures
- Planning patient
- Analysing patient case scenarios
Course participants will:
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
Saturday: Non-Scalpel VasectomyThis workshop can be completed individually or stage 2 of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures.
|8:30am – 9:00am||Registration|
|9:00am – 10:30am||Session 1||
Introduction to non-scalpel vasectomy and anatomy
|10:30am – 11:00am||Morning tea|
|11:00am – 12:30pm||Session 2||
Non-scalpel vasectomy (part 1)
|12:30pm – 1:30pm||Lunch|
|1:30pm - 3:00pm||Session 3||Non-scalpel vasectomy (part 2)|
|3:00ppm - 3:30pm||Afternoon tea|
|3:30pm – 5:00pm||Session 4||
Post-op complications and follow-up care
Dr Raj Selvarajan
MBBS, MRCS(Ed), MRCGP, FRACGP
Course Director and Scalpel Free Vasectomist
Dr Raj Selvarajan is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, a Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners, and a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Following his training in non-scalpel vasectomy, Raj established No Scalpel Vasectomy Service in north-eastern England in 2007. He subsequently led a non-profit social enterprise organisation, NECHN, and set up non-scalpel vasectomy clinics in Tamworth, Midlands, UK and Leicester City, UK. As an experienced vasectomist, Raj peer-reviewed other non-scalpel vasectomy services in the UK. Specialising and innovating the scalpel free vasectomy technique, he is the lead trainer in Australia and operates Scalpel Free Vasectomy clinics in Brisbane and Mackay.
EARLY BIRD RATE
Register 30 days prior to the course commencement date.
REGULAR COURSE FEE
Full payment on the day of registration
GP REGISTRARS: Doctors in training who are on a recognised pathway to General Practice Registration through a recognised training provider receive a HealthCert Scholarship of $200.
This Advanced Procedures Workshop is designed as a face-to-face workshop supported by online materials. The workshop is delivered on Saturdays and includes presentations and demonstrations from an expert in the field followed by
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate of
RACGP: 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points
ACRRM: 30 PRPD points
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
recognisedby the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognisesall courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLD@dhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians in Canada. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Meets World Federation of Medical Education standards.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
Advanced Certificate Pathway
This advanced workshop may be credited towards the HealthCert Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures. Examination questions will need to be completed for credit. Please ask a HealthCert Education Advisor for more details.
Further available advanced workshops in clinical procedures include: