In this webinar (delivered with the RACGP) Dr Dianne King provides a review of how to address acne,...
Receive personal 1:1 online mentorship from and discuss lesion images with expert A/Prof Andreas Blum.
This mentorship program is designed for medical practitioners who wish to improve their diagnostic accuracy using dermoscopy.
- Facilitated entirely online with personal 1:1 mentorship from dermoscopy expert A/Prof Andreas Blum.
- Provides an opportunity to consider and interpret dermoscopic images, receive feedback and elaboration on features and indicators.
- Apply learnings in everyday practice for the faster and more accurate diagnosis of skin lesions.
- This course is for medical doctors and International Medical Graduates.
- Acquire an advanced understanding of dermoscopic image interpretation and analysis.
- Apply advanced dermoscopy to improve accuracy and speed in identifying skin lesions.
- Improve your proficiency in identifying key features of dermoscopic images and provide more accurate diagnoses.
- Advance your dermoscopy knowledge to an expert level and become a referral option for colleagues.
Case management mentoring plan
- Step 1: Download dermoscopic images from eLearning
- Step 2: Analyse and reflect on the images and what they show
- Step 3: Prepare a written explanation of the key features seen in each image and where they can be seen, using at least one diagnostic algorithm
- Step 4: Provide a diagnosis for each case and provide medical reasoning based on the information provided with each image
- Step 5: Receive and review comments and feedback from your mentor, a dermoscopy expert
- Step 6: Reflect on the feedback and ask for clarification if anything is unclear; further examples may be provided
- Step 7: Document what you have learned about diagnosis using dermoscopic images through this program
Public, Private and Teaching Practice, Konstanz, Germany
Associate Professor at the University of Tuebingen, Germany
Professor Andreas Blum works in his Public, Private and Teaching Practice in Konstanz, Germany and for teaching purpose he is an Associated Professor of Dermatology at the Medical Faculty of the University in Tuebingen, Germany. Since 1993 he has focused with passion in the wide field of dermoscopy in clinic, research and worldwide teaching. Consequentially, he graduated with a Master of Science in Dermoscopy and Preventive Dermatooncology at the University of Graz, Austria in 2015.
Study at your own pace and to your own schedule.
- The images will be placed on the HealthCert eLearning site and there will be time for consideration and diagnosis before submitting conclusions and receiving feedback from the mentor.
- The feedback will be personal and on a one-to-one basis.
- Minimum of 12 months ongoing web-based support to assist with the implementation of learning.
- Receive the Certificate of Case Management: Dermoscopy.
Pre- and post-course information
Entry requirements & recognised prior learning (RPL)
The Certificate of Case Management: Dermoscopy is tailored for medical practitioners who wish to enhance their diagnostic accuracy in primary care.
This course is for medical doctors with an interest in skin. The prerequisite for this course is the successful completion of the HealthCert Professional Certificate of Dermoscopy.
Participants will require access to a computer/laptop, an internet connection and a basic level of technology proficiency to access and navigate the online learning portal.
Upon successful completion of the course requirements, you will receive a certificate of attendance for the Certificate of Case Management: Dermoscopy. To learn more about the delivery of certificates in Australia and overseas, please visit our FAQs.
This certificate course:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses
endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLD@dhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Category 1 points are reported as certified and Category 2 points are reported as non-certified. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Meets World Federation of Medical Education standards.
Frequently asked questions
What are the costs and payment options of the course?
Fees will vary based on the program and study option selected (fully online vs online + optional practical workshop). Payments can be made upfront or in monthly instalments. Special rates and various payment options are available. GP registrars and doctors in training enjoy a scholarship of up to $500. Talk to us to learn more.
What is the Alumni Support Program?
Completion of any HealthCert course or attendance at an event will enable you to access the HealthCert Alumni Program which includes:
- Access to special alumni rates for new courses when they are released.
- Special alumni price for HealthCert Conferences.
- Exclusive advanced access to HealthCert events.
- Regular Alumni Webinars pertaining to the course(s) you have attended. These will provide content review of the course and an opportunity to discuss case studies.
- Access to the video lectures as seen during the course(s) that you have attended.
How will I receive my certificate?
HealthCert Education is pleased to issue digital credentials for alumni. Digital credentials are a permanent online record of your successful completion of a HealthCert course and are issued to all course participants in addition to PDF certificates. If you are based in Australia, you also have the option to order a hard copy of your digital certificate for a small additional fee.
How long will the course take to complete?
This is an entirely self-paced 1:1 mentorship program that offers the flexibility of 100% online study in your own time, at your own pace, in your own home or office, with no mandatory face-to-face requirements. You are not required to be online at specific times but can complete at your convenience.
Is this course recognised in my country?
All HealthCert courses meet World Federation of Medical Education standards. This certificate course qualifies for CPD hours from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) in Australia. It is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) in New Zealand. It is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP) in China. It is a self-submitted activity in Dubai and the United Kingdom. It is a self-submitted activity through the College of Family Physicians in Canada. If you live or work outside one of the above-mentioned countries, please contact us on email@example.com to discuss whether this course can be recognised in your country.
Recent blog posts
Want to stay up-to-date with the latest case studies, podcasts, free video tutorials and medical research articles pertinent to primary care?