The Advanced Workshop of Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections will teach you helpful techniques in the diagnosis and therapy of various musculoskeletal conditions. The procedures are most often used to reduce inflammation, provide pain relief and alleviate stiffness in tendons, muscles and joints of the shoulder, knee, or hip. The program thus addresses a highly sought-after service of the ageing population and gives you the opportunity to practise on cadavers.
|Advanced Workshop of
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND WORKSHOP REQUISITES
The Advanced Workshop of Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections is suitable for medical professionals who wish to learn helpful techniques in the diagnosis and therapy of various musculoskeletal conditions, thus addressing a highly sought-after service of the ageing population. Participants can expect comprehensive, practical instruction with the opportunity to exercise knowledge in an interactive workshop on cadavers, equipping them with knowledge that has direct relevance to primary care work. The workshop is suitable for general practitioners and International Medical Graduates and assumes no prior knowledge or specific training in joint puncture or soft tissue injecting.
- Principles of joint puncture
- Principles of soft tissue injections
- Joint anatomy and safe treatment
- Local anaesthesia and safe practices
- Specific conditions that require joint puncture and soft tissue injections
Workshop participants will:
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the workshop.
FRIDAY EVENING WORKSHOP OUTLINE
|5:30pm - 6:00pm||Registration|
|6:00pm - 7:00pm||Theory||Principles
Efficacy and Costing
|7:00pm - 7:15pm||Break|
|7:15pm - 9:15pm||Practical||
Dr Gerard Ahern
EARLY BIRD RATE
Register 30 days prior to the course commencement date.
REGULAR WORKSHOP FEE
Full payment on the day of registration
WORKSHOP DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENTThe practical workshop is held on Friday evenings (6.00pm - 9.45pm) to meet the needs of time-poor medical professionals. The workshop includes hands-on performance on cadavers under the guidance of an experienced medical practitioner who
CERTIFICATION AND ACCREDITATION
Upon successful completion of the course requirements, course participants will receive the Advanced Workshop
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
recognisedby the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognisesall courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLD@dhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Category 1 points are reported as certified and Category 2 points are reported as non-certified. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Meets World Federation of Medical Education standards.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
Advanced Certificate Pathway
This advanced workshop may be credited towards the HealthCert Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures. Examination questions will need to be completed for credit. Please ask a HealthCert Education Advisor for more details.
Further available advanced workshops in clinical procedures include: